Farmer's Guild IxI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Farmer's Guild IxI

Farmer's Guild Official Forum Knightfight Server 5

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

hi there

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
devilmay

hi there Empty
PostSubject: hi there   hi there Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 2:50 am

hello,

My name is Jamie and I play on uk5 under the name "jameski". I am thinking about applying to this guild. It wasnt too long ago that I thot of this guild as superhumans, and I still dont think of myself as quite worthy. However, my stats are close to what you require and it would be a great honor to be part of this guild.

I started UK5 as soon as it opened. I started as a tank and played as nonpremium until 7 months ago, November 2008. I have been premium since then and, depsite not averaging 100 gold per win on this server, play this game mainly to loot. I have this low average because I have not been hovering too much on this knight; there are a lot of low level farms I know of that average over 400 per loss, but i am trying to get to at least level 42 to get FSS with +6 stones. I also do not loot using excel, perhaps my main weakness. I do have my methods involving the highscore lists and I do loot much more successfully on other servers. My other knights are [BW] prattleon on uk1, {TAX} jamiester on uk2, die on uk3, [AC] jamongo on uk4 and [PK] jamestown on us1. I also have many newer/nonpremie/leaker knights on uk6,7, us2, de1,2,8,9 and bg1.

I am in a guild right now on uk5 but i never talk to any of them, so basically there is no relationship there. Let me know what you think and/or tell me what i should work on in order to become part of the farmers.

thanks a lot
jamie
Back to top Go down
Seagryfn

Seagryfn

hi there Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi there   hi there Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 9:35 am

Since the poster did not provide a link, here is his UK5 Knight for others to see:jameski

The primary game purpose of Farmers is to 'earn their living' and this server by looting other knights. A Farmer should be able to easily defeat most any knight 8 levels above him, and select knights 2x that level. And, he will have FAR more "Gold received" than he has "Total loot."

Examples:
MacGyver, Gold+ 3,409,407, Loot 1,518,986
Seagryfn, Gold+ 7,000,620, Loot 1,516,047
Lucifer, Gold+ 2,399,486, Loot 956,770

Your knight, Jamie, has more mission pay (686,467) than Gold+ (656,176), so you live for doing missions more than for looting. That isn't to say you don't do some looting as well, but it is not the primary means of income for your knight.

Furthermore, we do not "level up" just to get gear. The higher level you go, the fewer targets are available for looting. Farmers compensate for gear by having extremely outrageous stats. This allows them to take out knights much higher than themselves, with little fear of becoming farmed themselves. This is because most knights that just want to "level up" won't take -11 to -15 Exp just to hit us... and maybe lose anyhow!

Hope that gives you some guidelines.
Back to top Go down
devilmay

hi there Empty
PostSubject: hi   hi there Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 10:27 am

yes, I understand, I play most of my other knights the way you do.. if you check them out you will see. my uk1 and uk2 knights have over 2.2 million gold stolen, my uk3 and uk4 knights over 1mil. only my uk5 and us1 knights have more mission than gold stolen. my uk2 and uk4 knights have -7k and -5k xp respectively.

I perfectly understand the difference between hoverring and levelling. I tend to be more of a hoverrer overall, just on this knight I barely hoverred and have been levelling, thereby removing many of the targets i would normally hit.

Obviously, if i were to join here, I would hover at level 42. If I wanted to do missions, I would have no need to join this guild. The reason I am applying is for the purpose of looting more effectivel, it is just that when you are levelling you naturally do more missions and less looting. I see most of you have already levelled as well. Level 42 is a bit high to hover but people do it at higher levels even.

Please do take a look at my other knights and see that i already understand what you are saying:

Back to top Go down
devilmay

hi there Empty
PostSubject: profiles...   hi there Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 10:32 am

i put in all my profile links on the above post, not sure what happened..

how do I put my links in?

or you guys can just search my names from the appropriate servers. thanks
Back to top Go down
boxcar

hi there Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi there   hi there Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 12:10 pm

Back to top Go down
Zantumal IxI

Zantumal IxI

hi there Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi there   hi there Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 1:32 am

Looking at THAT particular character, it would qualify as a superior looter.

For those who want to look, this is his knight he is applying with:
http://world5.knightfight.co.uk/index.php?ac=showuser&showuserid=115001087
93g/win and not broken 1mil yet.

However... I'm a sceptic. Here are just a few issues that I see:
1. Just because you say that is your character on UK2, how am I expected to believe you? Generally a person with a good knight consistently has good knights across all their servers.
2. Being in TAX on UK2, you get spoon feed lucrative hits from people who do use excel so in essence you can just slide by as a slacker.
3. You've already stated you don't use excel. What makes us believe you honestly know how to? [reference 2 above]. Farmers are self sufficient and self starter looters. So, in essence by saying you don't use excel gives me the feeling that you choose to not be as good as you could be. Ether you really don't know how to use excel, or you are just looking for a status symbol in your application to Farmers.
4. While, you do have 93g/win the majority of your gold income is in the form of tavern mission and mission loot in order to buy the stats which you do have. You've a lot of "trophy" wins up on your profile, but I suspect they were handed to you as well.
5. To hover, you don't have to go negative. When I hover and because I can hit so many higher level targets that think they are safe for gold and exp I have to take mega -exp loss fights to compensate. Yes, my knight is a high level, and I just finished leveling him to the spot which he will stay for quite some time. I leveled because I want to go semi-retirement.
6. Your plan to level to 42 and then hover tells me, you really have no clue as you would be severly understatted to the rest of the server that you would turn yourself into a farm. We're The Farmers, not The Farmees. Are you telling me that by the time you hit 42, you would have an adjusted FA and PA of 197 which is what I would expect any "decent" level 42 character to possess and stay competative. Also, approximately how long do you think it will take you to reach 42 from your current level of 38 knight.
7. Our "requirements" are not really requirements and more of a guideline. Those stats are what I would expect at least a level 27 knight to possess. You're 10 levels above that trying to meet the "guidelines" and still you wish to go higher to 42? How much time do you think it will take for you to amassing enough gold to meet the "requirements" for a level 27 (again 10 levels lower than what you are now) knight, to a competative 42 knight.
8. I've looked at your trophy list on your profile. You keep listing the same people over and over toward the bottom, and that you're getting 2 exp off them each time with averaging 500 loss for each one. I find that rather interesting as, in order for you to get exp off them, the target would have had to be a minimum of 38 in which case a bunch of our mid level members would also know about them. I believe either a) they are fake entries to make yourself look better or b) they're fake accounts that you own that you farm off the radar in order to get gold. Being that you arn't a major player on this server, but in a guild that isn't one of the major guilds - those entries are pretty suspect. Mind you, that isn't an accusation, persay.

So far, you arn't really selling me on the whole package, unless you can provide me with some serious rebuttle to the issues to which I have pointed out.
Back to top Go down
devilmay

hi there Empty
PostSubject: hello   hi there Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 1:56 am

(New) 2009-06-14 15:29:31 Lucifer IxI jameski 362 show

is this a point in my favor? lmao

thanks for posting my link on uk2 boxcar, much appreciated.

I hope my other knights are testimony to how I largely play the game and also show the direction I hope to take jameski in by joining the farmers.

from the one person that has spoken this is what I am hearing so far: I should stop doing missions and only loot and hover for awhile. I dont want to stop doing missions (unless, like uk1 used to be, there are simply too many targets and no time for missions) but I do want to hover at level 42. My preference would be to join here so that I can more effectively hover, rather than joining here after I have already hoverred. In a way to me, it kind of defeats the purpose. I can understand that you want a knight who can and does loot and based solely on jameski, it makes sense that there are doubts. That is why I hope my other knights (all built from the ground up by me and me alone) show what I am capable of and what my preferred playing style is and answer those doubts.

thanks
Back to top Go down
devilmay

hi there Empty
PostSubject: hello   hi there Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 2:42 am

@Zantumal.. wow, you really dont know me. I will try not to be put off by your approach and answer your points as best I can.

1. why would I lie about my character and who it is? You can see from my other knights (if you bothered to check them out) that all the profiles are similar in structure and have some contact info. You would have done well to do the smallest amount of research before making such an extraordinarily ignorant and rude statement.

2. nobody on tax feeds me any loots. We barely communicate. That is not to say I have not been told about good loots sometimes, but just as often I give tips. I dont give a rats ass about status, but I do like playing with good, committed players. You guys never hit me so it is not about that either.

3. I dont use excel as i have no copy of excel and have not learned to do it on the other versions. So, no, I dont know how to use excel.

4. My loot on this server is very low compared to my other knights, true. the loots on my server i discovered myself. more about this below.

5. yes i know you can hover without going into the negative, indeed that is the preferred method, why dig yourself a hole? I was just pointing out that some of my knights have negative experience as evidence that I understand what hovering is and indeed do it in answer to the first poster.

6. about my levelling: a couple weeks ago I was level 30. I had been level 30 for about 6 months, maybe a little less. I was level 30 when i became premium. I was hoverring on all my knights and decided I wanted to level on one, just to mix it up a bit... I picked this one because he had the lowest experience point hole and I was looting much better on the other servers. I then saw your guild profile stating your requirements and also some friends asked why I dont apply. I had never considered it an option before then. In retrospect, I would have been much better off applying as a level 30 3 weeks ago. It should take me perhaps another 2 or 3 weeks to get to level 42 I imagine. I am levelling fast and only taking positve xp fights. Not sure why you think I would become a farm...I always keep a bank to complete a stat at the end of the day if I dont make enough looting. Also, even if I were at level 42 now, I would be above average in stats, not weak. I would of course like to be stronger for level 42, but that is why that I will stay there for a long time to build:

7. I am not sure how long it would take, but if I hoverred at 42, I would imagine it would permanent of near permanant. In other words, I would expect to be at level 42 for at least a year. Like I said, 42 is a bit of a high level to hover, but not undone.

8. The fact you dont know about these noninvisible leakers says more about you guys than it does about me doesnt it? I dont post the full names out of customary respect. The reason I get two points each time is because I am only doing positive xp hits, of course I like to get xp and gold at the same time, like any looter would. The names of the people I have hit recently for over 500 are: argonaut, Trist, Vulpine, Jambric69, [LS] Dogofwar [WOLF], MasterSunny, Robert.lee, Jarvis Rex. If you guys dont know of these leakers then.... Glad I could help!! If I could find them, I should hope your midlevel members could. Of course, we all know that you cant get everyone thru excel and the best looters would use multiple methods.

I am no shrinking violet and I dont suffer fools easily, so I apologize that I come off as harsh. I hope this clears some things up.
Back to top Go down
Zantumal IxI

Zantumal IxI

hi there Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi there   hi there Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 5:07 am

Quote :
(New) 2009-06-14 15:29:31 Lucifer IxI jameski 362 show
is this a point in my favor? lmao
No, not really. You're looking for praise for beating someone seven levels LOWER than you, even if you didn't start the attach, please.

Quote :
from the one person that has spoken this is what I am hearing so far: I should stop doing missions and only loot and hover for awhile.
No, we're mearly pointing out the obvious that the majory of your funds are gotten not by looting. Farmers is a looting guild. Take of it as the statement stands and make your own choices.

Quote :
My preference would be to join here so that I can more effectively hover
Your ability to hover would not be aided by joining Farmers. The only thing it would do is prevent us from looting you, which wouldn't be within our best interests.

Quote :
@Zantumal.. wow, you really dont know me. I will try not to be put off...
Um, duh! If I did know you then we wouldn't have been having this conversation. The same can be said in reverse. Don't strain yourself in the attempt to not be "put off" Like I said up front, I'm a skeptic. The burdon of proff is upon you, not upon me to disprove you.

Quote :
(if you bothered to check them out)
I looked at the two, the one you're applying with and the one provided by boxcar. Again, the burdon isn't upon me. Harsh tone coming through with your choice of words "bothered" that I'm really not linking.

Quote :
I dont use excel as i have no copy of excel and have not learned to do it on the other versions. So, no, I dont know how to use excel.
Excel is a generic term used to reference both the two major software, MS Excel and OpenOffice Calc plus the various other freeware software that are available. You're lack of desire to learn because you "don't have a copy" with no gumption to seak out free OpenOffice doesn't fly. By your own statement below that good looters use multiple methods... and yet your choice to not to use one method because you don't "own" a copy when something is freely distributed. What's your next excuse?

Quote :
I would have been much better off applying as a level 30 3 weeks ago.
Yea.

Quote :
Not sure why you think I would become a farm...I always keep a bank to complete a stat at the end of the day if I dont make enough looting.
Because Farmers tend not to bank because there isn't a need to... Not because we don't get hit, but because we don't make ourselves easy targets.

Quote :
Also, even if I were at level 42 now, I would be above average in stats, not weak.
That is your opinion, to which I do not share. With the stats you have now as a level 42, in my opinion it would border on being average and therefore weak. The minimum stats that I think are "average" for a level 42 far exceed what you are gaining at your current rate over the next 2-3 weeks to get your level.

Quote :
The fact you dont know about these noninvisible leakers says more about you guys than it does about me doesnt it?
1) I'm going to assume that your choice of "you" in that statement really referenced "Farmers" and not so much "ME" because to this point you have been speaking to me directly and answering my concerns.
2) You misquoted me. I never said they *DIDN'T*, I said they would know about them. *MY* list does not go so low as level 38 anymore so *I* cant recognize a partial name off just the first letter alone. To which, *THEY* would need to chime in that they were valid hits of the time.
3) Since you decided to name them in full, yes I do recognize them, however I'm not the one applying.

Quote :
I should hope your midlevel members could.
That's nearly insulting and not going to win any brownie points to the people you're asking to join.

Quote :
Of course, we all know that you cant get everyone thru excel and the best looters would use multiple methods.
That borders on another insult. Implied or not, it doesn't win points towards the people you're asking to join. It nearly comes across to say that I woudn't be one of the best looters (since you are addressing me and my concerns). Let me know when you pass 7 million gold+ and when the rest of the whole server UK5's "best looters," IxI and otherwise come to you for advice.

Quote :
I am no shrinking violet and I dont suffer fools easily
That dates your vocabulary. See, now I know something about you. I certanly hope you arn't calling me a fool. You don't want to get into a flame off with me.

I take pride in IxI and I protect its membership from those who want to join simply to hide from being hit or wish to join for the status. While I'm not a founding member, I have helped build the reputation of IxI as both feared and respected across UK5 and will continue to do so. I've seen too many games that have guilds as status symbols that I refuse to let that happen to IxI where quasi good players join and bring the reputation of the guild down with them. While this is a game, after all I'm still able to take pride in what I've helped IxI achieve without taking it so seriously as putting my entire life into it. That would be just lame. There are good looters on UK5, not every good looter is IxI calabar. That is what we're here to determin. Both my, and Seagryfn's opinion are respected because we know more of the ins and outs of this game than the best looters across ALL servers. Why? Because we like breaking down systems. There, now you know abit about me.

Both Seagryfn and I have made our recomendations to you and you are free to take them at face value and can either ignore or act on them. We don't make determinations quickly and we don't make decisions on a promice of what someone wants to achieve but what they actually have achieved.
Back to top Go down
boxcar

hi there Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi there   hi there Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 5:11 am

devilmay wrote:
@Zantumal.. wow, you really dont know me. I will try not to be put off by your approach and answer your points as best I can.

1. why would I lie about my character and who it is? You can see from my other knights (if you bothered to check them out) that all the profiles are similar in structure and have some contact info. You would have done well to do the smallest amount of research before making such an extraordinarily ignorant and rude statement.

2. nobody on tax feeds me any loots. We barely communicate. That is not to say I have not been told about good loots sometimes, but just as often I give tips. I dont give a rats ass about status, but I do like playing with good, committed players. You guys never hit me so it is not about that either

I can vouch that he plays (not that he created) that UK5 knight and that {TAX} really doesn't share much among themselves.
Back to top Go down
devilmay

hi there Empty
PostSubject: hereye   hi there Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 5:37 am

"I take pride in IxI and I protect its membership from those who want to join simply to hide from being hit or wish to join for the status."

The fact that you say this proves you are not listening to a word I have said.

You guys dont hit me and I dont care at all about status. So. again, those are nonissues. It is pretty arrogant of you to assume these things as a matter of fact.

And how is joining a guild of good looters not going to help me in hoverring/looting? Of course it will.. Unless you guys dont share loots, I assumed you did. In Blood Wolves on uk1 we have a Chatbox that we all post our loots in. By sharing loots, we each find hits for the others. Working together always makes us better players. Dont know why you would say it isnt.

Again, I cant post links in your forum so you would have to look at my other knights yourself. I have named them. They show what I can do. You continue to have opinions without looking at them. I dont mind the criticism, just not when you are not looking at the whole picture I have provided you.

I can understand that you want to make sure the best players join and you have a right to be skeptical, but your answers so far reflect more of a reflexive impulse to deny instead of a true effort to understand.

And I recommend not spouting baseless insults.. like that I am lying about who I am or that I post fake loots. That is way out of line and does not reflect well on you or attain anything constructive.

And, according to the first poster, Lucifer should be able to beat me to be in your guild. (of course, I know that is silly, just saying...)
Back to top Go down
Zantumal IxI

Zantumal IxI

hi there Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi there   hi there Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 7:12 am

Quote :
"I take pride in IxI and I protect its membership from those who want to join simply to hide from being hit or wish to join for the status."

The fact that you say this proves you are not listening to a word I have said.

You guys dont hit me and I dont care at all about status. So. again, those are nonissues. It is pretty arrogant of you to assume these things as a matter of fact.
Take a chill pill dude. The quote that you are referenceing is providing you with background about myself and my stance about this guild and all applicants. It was NOT directed specificly at yourself. HUGE DISCLAMER: I AM NOT QUESTIONING THE MOTIVES OF THE APPLICANT KNOWN AS jameski AS CURRENTLY APPLYING FOR A TROPHY TITLE. Does that do it for you? It also isn't arrogance.

Quote :
And how is joining a guild of good looters not going to help me in hoverring/looting?
It's symantics. Until now, you haven't said "Looting" you've been specific and only saying hovering. There really is a difference. We don't let people in to help them loot better. We let them in because they demonstrate they already know how to loot. HUGE DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT SAYING ANYWHERE IN THE ABOVE STATEMENT THAT THE APPLICANT KNOW AS jameski DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO LOOT.

Quote :
Again, I cant post links in your forum so you would have to look at my other knights yourself. I have named them. They show what I can do. You continue to have opinions without looking at them. I dont mind the criticism, just not when you are not looking at the whole picture I have provided you.
While I recogize that it can be frustrating on your end that you arn't able to post direct links to the accounts, also look from our point of view. I'm not going to go back to the first post and count but I do know that there was more than 6 examples. FOR ME SPECIFICLY: You assume I have accounts on those servers and would know those names. I don't. I'm going to guess that I would have to go through at a minimum the top 500 names on each HSB just to find each one. It's a lot of work on my part to go hunt them down. If I were in your shoes (and I was at one point) I would have done some out of the box thinking to make the job of the people that I'm seeking to join's job a bit easier to vew all my accounts by providing the account numbers. Of the two that I have looked at... One I find acceptable for the level and I even said so in my very first post, the first line as a matter of fact - the other not so much. Unfortunately the one that you're applying with is the one that is the not so much. But, I'm giving you the benifit of the doubt based on the first. Without looking at the others, I do question your wisdom of an insistance of leveling to 42 with the stats you currently have. FOR SEAGRYFN: She has the same issue that I have in having to go hunt down names, but for her it isn't due to lack of desire to do the work and more of a physical hands issue which I'm not going into detail about because it isn't necessary for you to know.

Quote :
I can understand that you want to make sure the best players join and you have a right to be skeptical, but your answers so far reflect more of a reflexive impulse to deny instead of a true effort to understand.
I will agree with you on this point. If you care to know why, I'll tell you. Perhaps having the answer will help you see better from my perspective of why the reflex is there. The reason is because more often than not the applicants that we do get fall into the catagories of people who recogize IxI for what it is and try to join because we do hit them and they want it to stop or think that by joining we will give them the secret formula spreadsheet and hand them the server. We arn't a teaching guild and we arn't interested it becoming a teaching guild either. We exist to loot. We recognize others who know how to loot. HUGE DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT SAYING ANYWHERE IN THE ABOVE STATEMENT THAT THE APPLICANT KNOW AS jameski IS LOOKING TO BE TAUGHT OR TAKING THE EASY ROUTE IN JOING IXI FOR POTENTIALLY NOT BEING HIT.

Quote :
And I recommend not spouting baseless insults.. like that I am lying about who I am or that I post fake loots. That is way out of line and does not reflect well on you or attain anything constructive.
We're going to get into symantics again but I never stated that you have lied. Just the fact that it woudnt be the first time that I have seen fake ones and that they look suspect based on the provided data at hand. Your taking of a "spouted baselsee insult" is reading more into something than was actually there. Take a fresh look on the opposite side of the coin. I think what you will find is exactly what it appears to be, repetative near identical enteries with different dates. What I believe from that point forward is just that, a belief that does not ask to be proven nor disproven. A belief does not need to be based upon fact as it is by its very definition, a hypothesis and a guess. You feel the need to disprove my origionaly stated belief based upon the given data provided when I did not ask you to. Lets leave my previously stated belife alone and move forward and quit bring up things, as you say, arn't constructive. HUGE DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT SAYING ANYWHERE IN THE ABOVE STATEMENT THAT THE APPLICANT KNOW AS jameski IS CURRENTLY A LIER OR POSTS FAKE ENTRIES.

Quote :
And, according to the first poster, Lucifer should be able to beat me to be in your guild. (of course, I know that is silly, just saying...)
Actually it isn't silly. It's actually quite true but you've also misquoted Seagryfn. She said "most any." She didn't say all. That isn't a guarantee. Lucifer recently leveled to 31. While he himself recognizes that his stats fall short to my expectations of what a level 31 should have his application isn't in question. Lucifer is in this guild because I can attest to his methods of looting as he sent me his files long before he ever put in his application. I knew what he was capable of with his files and he has made great strides in fixing his own personal stat deficencies on his own. While, yes we do post REALLY good hits to each other 98% of our daily loot comes from each of our own individual work.
Back to top Go down
devilmay

hi there Empty
PostSubject: hello   hi there Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 9:03 am

well thanks for your latest reply. In the meantime I have been looking at your guild members and have found that, despite the large gold + numbers, many of you have very low gold + averages (80 to 120). The high gold comes simply from doing a ton of fights. That is not an "elite looter" imo, that is just someone racking up gold thru attrition, to coin a phrase. I am not saying that that does not make you a good player, only that to consider these players "elite" is not too accurate. If I had 50k fights, I would have 4.5 million gold stolen, would that make me a better player? No, it would just mean I spent more time doing the same thing I do now. Because of that, I think gold + average is much more important that total gold + when it comes to assessing someone's skill. I am a bit confused as to why your averages are so low if you use excel. Without using excel I have knights that average over 160 per fight. Making attacks without getting gold just for the sake of getting a lot of fights is fine, but is by no means the approach of an "elite" looter. I am not trying to disparage your approach but I do not think you would be called an elite looter, you would be an "attacker" imo. This guild does have many true looters (brandon, curare, dek dek, zac, boxcar and perhaps even roxanne and tum umibah) and the rest mostly attackers. This does not mean I dont think I could benefit greatly by being part of the farmers, just that I view some of the prowess in a bit of a different light...

btw, I am in the first page of loot on the knights i mentioned, not to mention gold +, it would not be too hard to find. I will put my profile numbers here:

uk1: 63179968
uk3: 86000449
uk4: 96003565
us1: 140154323

I certainly hope some other members put in their two cents, but in the meantime perhaps tell me what kind of numbers you would like to see from me at level 42, some specific cutoffs or whatnot, to give me an idea of exactly what it is you expect. Cuz I am pretty sure that, no matter what, I will be staying at level 42 for quite some time. I really cant wait to start hitting all those invisible farms!

Also, thanks for the complement! For, if you Lucifer should be able to beat most any knight, and he cant beat me, it then follows that I am better than most any knight! *blushes*
Back to top Go down
Zantumal IxI

Zantumal IxI

hi there Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi there   hi there Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 9:40 am

For Seagryfn and myself, by your standards we have shifted from being looters to attackers due to the fact we have spent several months doing predominately little more than exp fights for whatever gold happened to be available without a care for what we actually got. Appearances are deceiving, and what you see now as a very low average was once an average of over 160 before we leveled. I think it has been a good 4-5 months where I haven't run a list at all and even long before that we were slowly leveling in sperts of level/gold/level/gold.

At this point, by the laws of math it would take a ton of high yeild consistent gold hits to move our averages back up to what they once were. That isn't going to happen at level 57 without digging ourselves an exp hole which we arn't going to do. As I said earlier, we did this for semi-retirement as we've nothing left to prove in this game.

Of all the people you mention as being "looters" all but boxcar are inactive. I believe Zac and Curare are questionable coming and going... so what is left are the people who got board and leveled and became "attackers." So in essence, the game shifts at higher levels.

For a level 42 player, I would expect someone to be able to do about 45 rounds worth of combat and a ballpark adjusted FA/PA in the 197 mark.
Back to top Go down
Lucifer

Lucifer

hi there Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi there   hi there Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 10:58 am

devilmay wrote:
Also, thanks for the complement! For, if you Lucifer should be able to beat most any knight, and he cant beat me, it then follows that I am better than most any knight! *blushes*

Lucifer IxI looted 109 ! Lucifer IxI received 2 and BeautiFoo got 0 experience point(s)!

She's level 51, I can take most any knight and there are fewer and fewer exceptions. You're one of those exceptions but I'll try to get that corrected as soon as possible.

About the average gold rate, if you look at my profile closely, you'll find that I've been at the #1 of PvP 3 times so far, in most cases for a few consecutive weeks. I usually do that in the way just described by Zantumal.

If we look at your averages we can draw a few conclusions. You are
a) inactive b/c you don't have a lot of fights or
b) a leecher who gets his hits from feeding of others
c) someone who has done too little time looting and too much ranking
d) Someone who doesn't have a clue how to play this game (If I look at your other knights, the least favourable option) or
e) A combination of all these.

The way i see it, you don't have the stats, you're not a self sufficient or autonomous looter, you're not very active, seen your low fight and therefore gold count, yet you consider yourself superior to me...

That's a very weird kind of logic you're going by if you ask me...
Back to top Go down
http://world5.knightfight.co.uk/index.php?ac=showuser&showuserid
devilmay

hi there Empty
PostSubject: hello   hi there Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 10:38 am

well based on what you say, it appears that there is no real looting going on in this guild, just a few levellers left. I dont think there is any reason at this point for me to apply. Perhaps in the future if activity is better here and when my stats have gone up some I will check back in.

thanks for the discussion

@Lucifer: it was meant to be a joke, had nothing to do with you. I am not saying I am better than you. But your spiteful quasi-analysis is hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Lucifer

Lucifer

hi there Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi there   hi there Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 8:54 pm

devilmay wrote:
well based on what you say, it appears that there is no real looting going on in this guild, just a few levellers left. I dont think there is any reason at this point for me to apply. Perhaps in the future if activity is better here and when my stats have gone up some I will check back in.

thanks for the discussion

@Lucifer: it was meant to be a joke, had nothing to do with you. I am not saying I am better than you. But your spiteful quasi-analysis is hilarious.

I think your head's firmly lodged up a place where the sun doesn't shine.
Back to top Go down
http://world5.knightfight.co.uk/index.php?ac=showuser&showuserid
Zantumal IxI

Zantumal IxI

hi there Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi there   hi there Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 1:58 am

devilmay wrote:
well based on what you say, it appears that there is no real looting going on in this guild, just a few levellers left.
Quite the opposite. I mean, 8k a day gold+ for someone who is level 57 without digging exp holes...
Back to top Go down
Moon Wol

hi there Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi there   hi there Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 7:37 am

yes, i can confirm that Zant does loot on a daily basis. i was enjoying the leveling days though. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zantumal IxI

Zantumal IxI

hi there Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi there   hi there Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 12:31 pm

Woo Hoo! Zan-groupie! cheers

Please continue to bank with me anytime you like Moon_Wolf.

Actually I think I'll do you one better. I think I'll give you a 24 hr head start on your next deposit. king See you in a day, I'll be counting.
Back to top Go down
Seagryfn

Seagryfn

hi there Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi there   hi there Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 4:15 am

Seagryfn wrote:
The primary game purpose of Farmers is to 'earn their living' and this server by looting other knights. A Farmer should be able to easily defeat most any knight 8 levels above him, and select knights 2x that level. And, he will have FAR more "Gold received" than he has "Total loot."

Examples:
MacGyver, Gold+ 3,409,407, Loot 1,518,986
Seagryfn, Gold+ 7,000,620, Loot 1,516,047
Lucifer, Gold+ 2,399,486, Loot 956,770

Your knight, Jamie, has more mission pay (686,467) than Gold+ (656,176), so you live for doing missions more than for looting. That isn't to say you don't do some looting as well, but it is not the primary means of income for your knight.
Jamie... I never said you should STOP doing mission pay... just that Farmers live more for looting than doing missions.

That said.... I never do anything for just one reason! Wink
Now that we've established what the stats were half a week ago, lets see what they are today!

MacGyver, Gold+ 3,417,692 (up 8285), Loot 1,531,006 (up 12,020)
LOL, and at level 69 there are just TWO other nights on the server higher level and almost no one else to loot! Our "founding Farmer" may be retired, but he still has the knack! Smile
Still able to do two-thirds as much looting as mission pay.

Seagryfn, Gold+7,024,147 (up 23,527), Loot 1,524,193 (up 8,146)
3x more looting than mission pay

Lucifer, Gold+ 2,420,694 (up 21,208), Loot 964,926 (up 8,156)
Over 2 1/2 x more looting than mission pay

Jamie, Gold+ 661,126 (up 4,950), 656,176, Loot 697,127 (up 10,660) - knight level unchanged
Over 2x more mission pay than looting!

Jamie has neither been leveling nor has he been looting for a living.
He's just a regular player.
Original opinion stands intact - APPLICATION DENIED.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

hi there Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi there   hi there Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hi there
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Farmer's Guild IxI :: Your first category :: Public Chat-
Jump to: